By Friend tutor posted on July 10,2020
Hi friends in this blog let us see the major similarities and differences between macro nutrients and micro nutrients
- Both Macro and Micro Nutrients are required for the proper functioning of the body.
- Both Nutrients are present in all Fruits,Vegetables and Milk and Meat Products.
- Both Nutrients boost our immune system.
Difference between Macro nutrients and Micro nutrients
|Macro Nutrient||Micro Nutrient|
|Nutrients that are required by our body in large amounts are called Macro Nutrients||Nutrients that are required by our body in small amounts are called Micro Nutrients.|
|Macro Nutrients are Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats.||Micro Nutrients are Vitamins and Minerals.|
|Examples: Carbohydrates: Rice, Potatoes, wheat, Chapati etc Proteins: Meat, Eggs, Fish etc. Fats: Butter, Ghee, Milk Dairy Products etc.||Examples: Vitamin A : Carrots, Spinach, Sweet Potato Vitamin C: Lemon, Oranges etc. Minerals: Calcium: Milk and Dairy products etc. Potassium: Banana, Oranges etc. Iron: Liver of Chicken and Lamb, Dates, etc|
Difference between Macro nutrients
|Carbohydrates are made up of simple sugars such as Glucose.||Proteins are made up of Amino acids.||Fats are made up of Fatty acids and glycerol|
|Carbohydrates are sugars which gives instant energy to our body.||Proteins help our body to grow built muscles, blood and skin.||Fats are energy reserves of our body. They keep our body warm.|
|Carbohydrates are also known as “Energy giving|
|Proteins are also known As “Body Building foods”||Fats are also known as “Energy giving foods” “Energy Reservoirs”|
|Carbohydrates are soluble in water.||Some Proteins are soluble Some are partially soluble and some are insoluble in water.||Fats are insoluble in water.|
Carbohydrate rich foods are Rice, Wheat, Cereals, Potatoes, honey etc.
|Protein rich foods are Meat, Fish, Eggs, Nuts etc||Fats are rich in Milk, Butter Cheese, Cream etc.|
Similarities In Micro Nutrients
- Vitamins and Minerals are Micro Nutrients.
- Both are “Protective Foods”
- Both are needed by our body in small amounts.
- Both if not taken properly,can lead to deficiency diseases.
- Deficiency of Vitamin A leads to Night blindness.
- Deficiency of Iron leads to Anemia.
- Both are needed for proper functioning.
- Ex: Calcium is absorbed by our body only when there is sufficient Vitamin D.
Difference between Micro Nutrients
|1.||Vitamins are |
|Minerals are Simple|
|Minerals are not be |
destroyed by heat.
|3.||Vitamin A rich in|
rich in Citrus Fruits.
| Essential minerals are |
Similarities in Water and Roughage
- Both Water and Roughage are required for proper digestion of Food.
- Both helps the body to send out waste.
- Both prevents Constipation.
Difference between Water and Roughage
|1.||Two third of our body|
is made up of water.
| Roughage also called as “Fiber”.|
They are present in all plant groups.
It is part of food that body cannot digest.
|2.||Watermelon contain |
|Examples of Fiber rich foods|
Fruit and Vegetables.
This marks the end of this session. For more post check out link below. Thanks
For more post